An historical protest folk song from 2017 about role of Belgian and U.S. governments, UN and former Columbia University administration officials in eliminating democratically elected Congolese PM Patrice Lumumba, between July 1960 and January 1961.
Spoke for freedom.
The Belgians pulled out
The U.S. moved in
They wanted a puppet
Who wouldn't stand firm. (chorus)
Katanga they took
UN troops came
Then changed their whole mission. (chorus)
Columbia Trustee Burden
Named Lumumba as his foe
And helped by the UN's Cordier
Lumumba was overthrown. (chorus)
He would not submit
They carried out a coup
They threw him in jail
And Patrice Lumumba they slew. (chorus)
They still want their empire
They still want their mines
And they still try to kill
Those who expose their crimes. (chorus)
Compton's own 1TakeJay sat with Rosecrans Radio and Cypress Moreno for a dope interview where we get to know the artist more in depth. We learn about Jay's football career, what it was like growing up in Compton, his musical influences, as well as his thoughts on his rapid rise and influence on LA rap.
1. 1TakeJay - "Arco"
2. 1TakeJay- "To Da Neck"
3. Rucci ft 1TakeQuan - "Fuck It Up"
4. The Winning Team (1TakeJay and Rucci) ft AzSwaye - "Pass The Henny"
5. AzChike x 1TakeJay x Rucci - "Tax Season"
6. Blueface ft 1TakeJay - "Blow Her Bacc "
7. 1TakeJay - "Can't Fuck With You"
8. 1TakeJay - "I like Bitches" Prod. Saltreze
9. 1TakeJay ft Kalan.frfr - "I Know"
10. 1TakeJay x Rucci ft Kalan.frfr "One Mo Time"
11. 1TakeQuan "Long Time"
Spotify Link- https://open.spotify.com/epis