The second episode of my radioshow "The Backstage of Light".
1. Clean Bandit - I Miss You feat. Julia Michaels [Branchez & Charlie Klarsfeld Remix]
2. Robbie Koex & Jonas Langer - Midnight In Montreal
3. Koresma - The Overlook (Common Tiger Remix)
4. Melokind - Beverly Hills
5. HuuHaa - First Contact
6. eleven.five - The State I'm In
7. Clean Bandit - Symphony Feat. Zara Larsson (Hydro Chillout Remix)
8. Oscar Colt - Frustrared
9. Jay FM - Voices
10. Mike Ost - One Second Moment
11. Lights Of Venus Illumination (Chillout Enigmatic Music)
12. Late June - I Want To Stay
13. Melokind - Harry Cutter
14. Majestim - Taking Back My Love
Producer-singer-songwriter-DJ-everything else rhêtorík bares his soul on ‘Behind Closed Doors.’ The EP is a sum of his whimsy and his triumphs, a showcase of his insecurities, but also a promise to himself and to his fans that there will be light in their lives. Across five songs and in 20 minutes, rhêtorík makes quick work of what hurts him and how he’s learned to heal himself.
“I took a year from 24 to 25, where I went completely stone-cold sober, really got into the vlogging, and just took a year of internal reflection,” he told DJBooth. His reflections led him to question himself and his motives, and ‘Behind Closed Doors’ is the immediate product of his weighty introspection. The indie-meets-EDM influences on the project undoubtedly move music forward, but it’s rhêtorík’s hopeful message that makes him a truly enduring artist.
The new album by 6lack, East Atlanta Love Letter, enters the Sum'n to Say discussion colosseum. We dig into the heart of his sophomore offering, praise the inventive drive-in movie listening party, and consider what the East Atlanta Love Letter can possibly do next.
Production by Michael Saba: www.youtube.com/user/akhorahilis
Intro music by Slimm Leary