Effective December 23, 2020
Since day one, Audiomack has cared deeply about privacy and respecting our users. Protecting your data is extremely important to us, and this page will help you understand how and why we collect, store, transmit, protect, and delete your data.
Listeners deserve a great music service even if they can’t afford a monthly subscription. To make this work on Audiomack, we use digital advertising to pay artists for plays and invest in improving our service. This model is designed to provide access to streaming music without compromising individual privacy. Our users are anonymous to advertisers, and can delete their data from our system completely whenever they decide to.
Before we get into all the details, let’s talk about your rights as an Audiomack user. We’ve put together a User Bill of Rights, written in plain english, that clearly outlines how and when your data is used on our platforms.
User Bill of Rights
1 - Audiomack will only collect the minimum amount of data necessary.
Audiomack will only collect and store the absolute minimum amount of data possible to effectively run our platform. We will, for example, store data on what songs you play on our platform to enable better recommendations in the future, let artists know when their music is being listened to, and provide our label partners with aggregate stream counts necessary for accounting.
2 - Audiomack does not sell data.
Many apps, both ad-supported and subscription based, take their user data and sell it to data brokers, location companies, and other third parties for a lump sum or recurring payment. Audiomack does not sell your personal data to third parties, period.
3 - Audiomack does not transmit private or sensitive data to ad providers.
We need to run ads to keep our service alive. When you stream a song on Audiomack, a rightsholder (artist, record label, etc) gets paid out on that stream, meaning we must create some revenue in exchange for your usage of the platform. For users who do not want to subscribe, this means we must run ads.
Examples of data we may transfer to advertisers are IDFA or Android Advertising ID for app users, non-identifiable browser information for web users (language, browser name, e.g. Chrome or Safari, etc), genre of a song being listened to, and location to ensure ads reach a user in the correct country and city.
Most importantly, we do not allow ad providers to tie an ad request (when your mobile device or browser “requests” an ad on page load) to your Audiomack profile. An ad provider does not, for example, receive your name, username, email address, photo, listening history, or phone number as part of the ad request.
4 - You may request account and data deletion at any time, for any reason.
If you want to delete your account and your personal data, you can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com from the email address associated with your account OR by logging into your account and submitting a support ticket requesting that Audiomack erase any and all personal data tied to your account. Alternatively, you may delete your account using our user dashboard.
5 - Audiomack will take all reasonable steps to protect your account and data.
We use best-in-class data storage systems, encryption, and vendors to ensure your data and account on Audiomack stay secure.
In the next sections, we’ll dive into a lot more detail about how data is collected, stored, and protected on our platform. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 - Introduction/Overview
By using Audiomack’s mobile apps or website (the “Platform”), you consent to the collection of certain types of data (outlined below). You should fully understand what we do (and don’t do) with your personal information and data.
By using the Platform, you consent to;
- The transfer of your information to a 3rd party outside of the country you reside in;
- The collection, processing, use, and sharing of your information;
- The public availability of certain kinds of personal information you elect to share by registering for an account, and your controls for sharing such information.
2 - Information we collect about you
Users who visit but do not register for the Platform may have limited amounts of personal data collected. These data points may include your IP address, Browser/Device Type, Operating System, Mobile Carrier and other non personally identifiable data points.
By electing to register for a user account (an “Account”) on the Platform, you will provide us with certain information as you complete the registration process:
To register for an Account, you are required to provide us with a valid email address, name, as well as your age and gender. If you use Social Login (e.g. Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Sign In With Apple) to sign up, we may receive some of this information from the social network.
You may elect to provide us with certain other personal information such as personal/artist biography, hometown, profile photo, and links to your profiles on other social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).
We also collect and display the date of your initial user registration on your user profile as a month and year - e.g. August ‘20.
You may also provide certain personal data such as email address and IP address if you use our Contact Us tools, on-site forms, or send us an email regarding support, your account, or other topics.
You may also provide other personal information through your use of the site and posting of audio material, in the track description, comments, or title fields.
Data we collect on usage, analytics, and cookies:
By using the Platform, you consent to our use of different technologies and methods that collect information about how you use, access, and interact with the Platform, which may include any of the following;
- Technical data such as your IP Address, geolocation, cookie data, URLs visited, mobile device ID and information, device attributes, operating system, network connection, browser type, language, and mobile app version.
- Details of any searches you make using the Audiomack search tools, including the date and time searches were made.
- Metrics concerning the duration, time, and frequency of your visits to and interactions with the Platform. Details of your subscription (if applicable), as well as information about your interactions with the Platform, specifically including but not limited to: plays, favorites, re-ups, playlist use, and interaction with other Audiomack members and/or artists.
- Device sensor data including lat/long and/or geolocation.
- Details of your interaction with any third-party apps, widgets, modals, and/or advertisements which are linked to or made available on the Platform.
- Information about the website you visited immediately prior to your interaction with the Platform.
- Details of any content (music, song information, descriptions) you upload to the Platform.
- Details concerning your interaction with any Platform methods of communication specifically including but not limited to emails and push/in-app notifications, such as whether you opened and/or clicked on such messages.
3 - How we use your information
We may use your information for any of the following purposes;
- To operate your Audiomack account, and to identify you when you use the Platform. Your email address and password are used for this identification;
- To identify you and your actions (uploads, favorites, re-ups, comments, etc) on the Platform;
- To provide technical functionality to the Platform; for research and development of new products, services, or functionality; and to analyze your use of the Platform;
- To provide you with technical support or assistance;
- To communicate with you for marketing, support, and/or promotional purposes through email, text message, push, or in-app notifications;
- To detect fraud or attempted manipulation of our charts, trending sections, or proprietary algorithms. Audiomack expressly reserves the right to remove any and all content from the Platform that Audiomack in its sole discretion reasonably believes is violating any copyright laws and/or is being used in any way, shape or form to manipulate any measurement system on the Platform (specifically including but not limited to any charts, trending sections, proprietary algorithms, play counts, favorites, re-ups, download counts);
- To provide you with advertising, features, information, links, messaging, or other content based on your geolocation and time of use;
- To determine the location, orientation, and acceleration of a mobile device;
- Information about your subscription tier (Gold, Platinum) if applicable;
- To show you relevant ads on behalf of advertisers and/or sponsors, which may include location data, along with demographic data you make available to us or through connected third party services, recent search history, and behavior with content, ads, or other users on the Platform;
- To provide you with a customized experience on the Platform based on prior usage;
- To provide the content creators and rightsholders who provide audio content to the audiomack platform with statistics on who is listening to their content.
6 - Accessing and updating your information
You may update your personal information at any time by visiting your Dashboard page in your user profile. Please bear in mind that profile data that is updated may take a few hours or another reasonable period of time to update internally.
Your data will be deleted from Audiomack’s servers if you delete your account which can be done by accessing your account on our desktop site and clicking the “Delete account” button. However, please bear in mind that it may still show up on internet search engines for some time after deletion due to caching.
Please note, logging out of or deleting the mobile app from your device does not delete your user account.
Users accessing audiomack from an Android or iOS mobile device may opt out of any sales of their personal information by using their mobile platform settings (on iOS, by enabling the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on Android devices, by enabling the “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting).
FOR European and California Users: In the event you withdraw your consent for Audiomack to collect data from you, you shall have the right to obtain from Audiomack the erasure of personal data concerning yourself without undue delay and Audiomack shall have the obligation to erase your personal data without undue delay.
In the event you elect to withdraw your consent for Audiomack to collect data from you, you can contact us by sending an email email@example.com from the email address associated with your account OR by logging into your account and submitting a support ticket requesting that Audiomack erase any and all personal data concerning yourself. Once received, Audiomack shall process your request in the order it was received and shall erase your data without undue delay. You may use these same methods to request that Audiomack send to you all the data we have stored that is related to your account.
7 - Transfer to other countries/territories
Audiomack Inc. is based in the United States and follows all applicable U.S. laws concerning data storage and privacy. Although our third party providers and services are based in the United States, there may in some circumstances be cases where data is transmitted to servers outside of the U.S. as part of the normal operation of the Platform. Please be aware that not all countries have the same data storage and privacy laws as the United States, and by using the Audiomack Platform you consent to the storage, transfer, collection, and transmission of your data to other territories as necessary.
9 - Children
The Platform is not intended for use by those under the age of 13. We never knowingly or purposefully collect information from anyone under the age of 13, or under the legal age limit in their respective territory (“Age Limit”), under any circumstances. If you are under the Age Limit, you should not use the Platform and are expressly prohibited from registering for a user account, or transmitting any data or personal information on the Platform.
If you are the parent/guardian of a child under the Age Limit and believe we have collected such information, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be promptly removed.